IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES IN LIGHT OF COVID 19
Your well-being is a key priority in my practice so I would like to share some important guidelines with you.
British Acupuncture Council members (including myself), operate under strict hygiene and Codes of Safe as standard. The BAcC has also issued extensive additional Codes of Safe practice guidelines to ensure that all necessary precautions have been taken to protect the safety of ourselves and our patients. I have also been attending several meetings in which the details of these guideleines & their application have been discussed in detail. Additionally, we are keeping abreast of Government guidelines & adhering to these.
- I have carried out a thorough Risk assessment at both my practices.
- You will be required to complete an online Covid 19 Consent form to ensure that it is safe for you to attend your appointment BEFORE coming for treatment.
- Initial consultations will be carried out on Zoom or by phone so that we can see each other without masks on and so that there is less talking time during the session.
- All soft furnishings have been removed from the treatment room leaving only wipeable surfaces.
- Treatment times will be spaced so that there will not be anyone waiting in the waiting room.
- There will be intervals between treatments to allow me to thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces & equipment and to ventilate the room.
- You are requested to arrive at the time of your treatment and not before.
- I will take your temperature with an infra-red off the body thermometer.
- Please arrive wearing a mask and I will be doing the same. If you have forgotten to bring one, they will be on sale for £1.00. These will remain on for the duration of the treatment.
- I may wear a visor for part of the treatment if I need to treat closer to your head.
- We are not required to wear gloves - though I may do so for certain procedures.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided on arrival and when leaving the practice.
- I will be washing hands regularly during the course of your treatment. Paper towels only will be in use.
- Please bring a towel or blanket cover, however I do have towels available for single use which will be washed at high temperature at the end of each day.
- You will be asked to pay for your treatment online PRIOR to the session.
- I will carry out initial consultation online to limit the amount of time in the treatment room.
- Follow up sessions will also involve an online check in prior to the treatment to also keep time in the treatment room focussed on your treatment.
Please follow NHS and government guidelines with regard to attendance.
Do not attend for a minimum of 14 days under the following circumstances:
- If you are feeling unwell before your appointment - and showing symptoms of a raised temperature (above 38 degrees), persistant cough or loss of smell &/or taste.
- Any member of your family are showing symptoms of the above.
- You are severely immuno-compromised or have an existing underlying respiratory conditions.
- You have recently returned from overseas or have been in close contact with someone who has.
We have a duty of care to you and to ourselves and we care very much about creating a safe and caring clinic. We will continue to evaluate the risks and communicate with you.
If you need to cancel for the above reasons, the 24 hour cancellation requirement will be waived. You will not be charged for your missed appointment and we will reschedule as soon as you feel better. Feel free to call if you are unsure.